Sunday, October 28, 2012

{baby shower} making signs

My baby shower is this Saturday, and there are some last minute things I thought I'd work on. While I'm not supposed to be doing a whole lot, I can't resist.  I love making signs and doing crafts.

I still need to finish my baby book- or at least the part I plan on bringing to the shower. If I haven't posted about it before, I'm creating my own book from scratch. I cut down sheets of chipboard to make the front and back covers. Then, I spray glued some pretty scrapbook paper to the chipboard covers. The pages are 12"x12" Kraft paper cardstock, and it's all bound together with metal binder rings.

 The section I plan on bringing to the shower is sort of like a guest book. Each guest will write a message on a card, and tuck the card inside an envelope on one of the pages of the book. I used the same idea to make my wedding guest book, and since people didn't quite know what to do, I made a sign this time around!

 

 My mom had me make the following signs for two of the games we're going to be playing. 



As you can see, our theme is green and pink. I know there will probably be a lot of pink decorations, so I wanted to use a good amount of green. 

I made these signs using Paint.net. It's a really easy program, sort of like Photoshop only much simpler. I use Paint.net for all my blog designing, and any time I want to make printed material. For me, it's the best program and it's FREE!

How was your weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment