Sunday, August 11, 2013

{eat} Daphne eats peas...

Last month, we started feeding Daphne baby food. I didn't want to start with rice cereal because there's so much negative info out there about it. I kind of wanted to cook our own foods, but ultimately decided the jarred purees were probably the most convenient and safest choice.

We started with sweet potatoes. Then added squash, pears, and apples. I found a website that lists which foods were "safe" to start with, and then by age which foods could be added. Since I was keeping cereals at a minimum, I wanted to be sure to give Daphne things that were easily digested. I've waited two to three days between adding each new food, and so far no allergic reactions.

I was a little shy of green foods, though. It's probably nothing to worry about, but my oldest brother couldn't digest green foods as a baby. His digestive track was underdeveloped and he ended up being allergic to chlorophyll. I was a little cautious of trying peas because of this, but went ahead because Daphne has been fine with everything else.

So here's a video of Daphne's first taste of peas.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment